There are times when “we” decide to take a leap of faith for ourselves, our families, to learn something or to just move forward in life. You could simply be ready to make a positive change or to move on from something that isn’t good for us anymore. These leaps can be very difficult. Others seem to just transfer smoothly in a new direction-the ones we make by choice are always easier.
I will share some of my leaps with you…
POSITVE LEAPS FOR ME:
* Choosing my friends wisely in high school
* Going far-far away to college (40 miles from my home town – at U of O) Ha!
* Marrying for the first time…..because of how much I learned about love (more later)
* Finishing college after I took a year off
* Marrying for the second time and knowing this is it!!! (we just celebrated our 13th anniversary)
* In-vitro fertilization and lots of needles
* Advocating for my children in school every day
* Leaving our first home and moving to the family farm
* Working out again
* Getting back to my passion-writing
* Sending in 3 manuscripts for publication (much later)
* Never giving up!!
NEGATIVE LEAPS FOR ME:
* Transferring from U of O to OSU for someone I was dating
* Taking time off from College
* Getting married when something just didn’t feel right
* Blaming myself entirely for the failure of my first marriage
* Making a choice that could have cost me my life (much much later)
* Not speaking up for myself when I needed too (I still struggle with this)
* Putting up with relationships that were toxic to me
* Not staying in the best physical shape for me
* Not sending in my manuscripts years ago
We all have choices. No matter what the circumstances brought us to making that choice. We make them every day. Do I change my oil today even though I needed to 1000 miles ago, do I reach out to someone I miss dearly, do I call someone who hurt me and try to talk it through, who am I going to vote for, do I buy that new shirt or not, do I plan a surprise vacation for my family? These are the easy choices.
These are not the life altering choices I see some of my family members struggling with today. I worry about my family even if they are distant, even if I haven’t seen them in years. I ache for them and would do anything I could to given them a day without their daily struggles, the battles, the fight and what faces them tomorrow.
Be grateful for what you have! And, if you aren’t happy or don’t feel right about something-change it, work on it, make the choice and take that leap!!